It was Marylin and Frank who introduced us to the Magic Castle in Hollywood. I loved the interior. It felt like a venue at Disneyland. The dinner was banquet style but the seating--the table, chairs, and cutlery--were refined with either red or white tablecloth. Dad I am sure paid for the visit but it was Marylin and Frank who initiated the invitation. Once in the early 70s, I went with just Dad alone, Marilyn, and Frank, and they asked me to go watch a movie at Grauman's down the street. So I did. The movie showing was a rate R, so I decided not to go into the movie. I simply walked around, checked out the local tourist entertainment, and then walked back to the Magic Castle.
1972, The Magic Castle, Franklin Avenue, Hollywood, CA. Thank you to Lynn Thompson.
1981, View looking up from Franklin Avenue showing the Victorian-style "French Chateau" building known as Magic Castle with turrets and architectural detailing and an ivy-covered retaining wall in the foreground.
The Magic Castle was declared Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument No 406 in 1989.
2007, View showing the driveway entrance to the Magic Castle located at 7001 Franklin Avenue in Hollywood.
Since 1963, the Magic Castle has been a nightclub for magicians and magic enthusiasts, as well as the clubhouse for the Academy of Magical Arts. It bills itself as "the most unusual private club in the world."

.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment