Saturday, November 16, 2019

San Gabriel River Bike Trail, Sunday May 20, 2018







 I took these shots on Sunday, May 20, 2018.  Anyone familiar with the San Gabriel Canyon Road will recognize this location.  It is the San Gabriel River Bike Trail.  This was the last time that I was on this trail.  My world was a lot different back then.  I was living in Monterey Park.  I hadn’t heard from my sweet friend, Joanne, for almost 3 months back then.  And though I was doing freelance work, I was barely making ends meet.  I sent these pics at 1:28pm on Sunday, May 20, 2018 to a friend, saying “Walked San Gabriel River Bike Trail from Duarte to Azusa this morning.  The homeless who now encamp in the riverbed are growing, turning what was once my childhood playground into a social problem.  Sad.  A lot of bike riders on the trail too.  I need to be careful.”  I've always loved this trail as you can see here, here, here, and here.  







No comments:

Post a Comment