Saturday, November 23, 2019

Mom, Dad, & Family, 1940s to 1953

Thanks to Sally Martinez for posting this pic.
I can't tell where this shot is taken either.  The year looks like 1939 or earlier.  The brick siding makes me think it could be somewhere in Denver, but her smile and the sunshine make me think this is in San Gabriel, California.  Jim wrote, "She was a beauty!  Sure miss her."

Thanks to Sally Martinez for posting this pic.  
This is probably 1940, but I have no idea where this picture is taken.  It could be at Josephine's in San Gabriel.  That's Jack Pullman that my mom is holding.   
Thanks to Sally Martinez for posting this pic.
[from left to right: Dan, Chuck, Mom, Sally, Mary in arms, Dad, and Charlen.  The year is 1953 since that is Mary there as a baby.]

Though I do not recognize the neighborhood, it is the front yard of Mom and Dad's old house at 5609 N. Gladys in San Gabriel.  The house has since been razed, but that Chinese Elm tree behind them survived.  My mom, however, was not a big fan of its thousands of tiny leaves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment