Saturday, March 16, 2019

ABSOLUTE BEAUTY: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA OIL REFINERIES

One of the structures that I absolutely love is oil refineries mainly for their complexity and size. They are beautiful. I remember that when I worked for Vons.com in Torrance in 2015 that I used to drive down 190th Avenue and Hawthorne back to the Vons store and past the Torrance Refinery.


The refinery pictured below is a shot I took in 2016 of the Plains All American Pipeline, located at 690 N. Studebaker Rd, Long Beach, CA 90803.  The company has locations all across the country, even a few in Colorado.  I didn't realize that there were so many refineries in the Southland.  Very interesting.  


Then there was the very interesting Wilmington refineries.  






Will never forget the Stevedores strike in Long Beach back in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment