Monday, August 15, 2016

Crescent Bay, Laguna Beach

This place always gave me the most joy. It were the days of hanging out with my awesome brother, Chuck, who knew of this place before anyone it seemed. It was here to the right of this bay that I first went skinned diving with mask and snorkel. There were plenty of scuba divers who showed up to this place, putting on their wet suit and then schlepping the rest of their gear down to the water.  

It was at this bay that I also saw my first topless bather, a rite that launched every teenage boy into manhood.  

It was here, too, that I grew just a little extra paranoid while waist-deep in the water after having seen Jaws the week before.  Lots of great and lasting memories of this place.  I remember that Denny Moore had joined us one weekend.  Those were the days. 

When you play the video, be sure to play in 1080HD; otherwise, it's a little lackluster.

1 comment: