Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Marguerite Tompkin, Sally & Chuck Walgenbach's Neighbor on Gladys in San Gabriel From the 1950's, Dies

Dan,

It is with sadness that I inform you that my mother, Marguerite Tompkin, went to be with the Lord on April 8, 2011. She was 99 ½ years old when she began her new journey. She was at home, with her sons  at her side, when she went to be with the Lord. She is greatly missed.

After over 40 years with the County of Los Angeles, Department of Health Services, I am now retired. Looking forward for the day that my wife may join me in retirement. She works for LA County-DHS. We have two daughters. The oldest is married and lives with her husband and three kids in Utah. Our youngest is in her fourth year of studies at Azusa Pacific University.

My brother, Gary, retired from LA County, continues to live in Arcadia, with his wife. They have one grown daughter who is married and lives in northern San Gabriel.

This past summer we visited our youngest daughter as she was finishing spring studies in Orvieto, Italy. It was an opportunity of a life time. We also visited Rome, Florence, Verona, Venice and lastly Bologna where my wife’s cousin now lives with his family.

Regards to you and yours,

Marland and Lyra Tompkin

No comments:

Post a Comment