Saturday, August 27, 2011

August 25, 2011. Road Trip to Bishop and Mammoth Lakes




A golf course in Mammoth Lakes with a gorgeous view of the Sherwin Mountain Range.

The mountains behind Mammoth Lakes.


A golf course at Mammoth Lakes.


A Mammoth Lake's tourist and campground site.  I sat in my car here for an hour, listening to the local classical music station and answering emails to Chuck in Downey from my laptop in my car.  It was wonderful.

Highway 395 right at the Mammoth Lakes off ramp.

The road to Convict Lake.



The tiny marina at Convict Lake.

The 2-mile road leading up to Convict Lake.


Owens River.  I am standing at the edge of a campground, specifically Brown's Owens River Campground.
Owens River.


Convict Lake.  The naturally-occurring rock amphitheater made this view and this lake spectacular.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convict_Lake

This is my view of Benton Crossing Road coming back from the beautiful and legendary Owens River.

Up on Highway 395 looking down toward Bishop, CA.


No comments:

Post a Comment