Sunday, August 21, 2011

Friday, August 12, 2011: A Private Celebration and Moment with My Amazing Sister, Mary

I wanted to join Mary for a quiet birthday celebration at her home.  Though her birthday was on a Thursday this year, August 11, 2011, we got together on Friday, the 12th for lunch.  I picked up cheese-burgers at The Counter Burger in Pasadena whose meats I find really tasty.  I ordered sweet potato fries that were really good; never had them before.  So Mary, Raoule, and I sat down to eat in her living room and we watched the movie called 127 Hours, a movie based on the true story of Aron Ralston who was trapped in 2003 in Robbers Roost, Utah for 5 days.  Nobody knew where he was.  Ralston was pinned in by a boulder between two canyon walls.  To get out, Ralston had to sever his arm.  Remarkable story.  As for the film, eh . . . .  I liked Mary's comment, "The whole, two-hour movie was about him being stuck." 

Raoule is an awesome man.

Intelligent and delightful Lorenzo, his wonderfully intelligent and spirit-filled wife, Mary, and their great son Raoule.

Me and Mary.  Though Mary is her own person, her loving attitude is, in my mind, closest to Mom's.  She possesses the best qualities of our parents.  She appreciates affectionate and loving embraces that Dad preferred, and she has that patient, enduring, and instructive heart that Mom possessed.  I can pay no greater tribute to her or to any other person than to liken her temperament and loving attitude to our mother's.

No comments:

Post a Comment