Thursday, March 2, 2023

"Day by Day," "Day After Day," "Lord," and others from the early 70s


It's funny where we find ourselves when we hear songs for the first time.  Will never forget riding with Dad in his VW Bug westbound on the 210 Freeway at the Rosemead off-ramp.  I think the 210 only went that far back in 1971.  The song is titled, "Hear Me, Lord," from his 1970 triple album, All Things Must Pass.  I loved it when I first heard it, and it struck me because it was such a reverent tune, a distinct contrast to all of the crass, murdering, assassinations, wars, and conspiracies of that decade. 

What was funny was that I found this song so much more beautiful than the American song, "Day by Day" from the 1973 musical Godspell soundtrack.  

This video reminds me of the idiocy of the 70s.
 

Then there's another song from the 70s with "day" in it, called "Day After Day," 1971, by Badfinger.  


BTW, they wrote and sang the song, "Baby Blue," 1972, that's featured in the Netflix series, Breaking Bad, at the end when Walt dies after killing all of the 

No comments:

Post a Comment