Saturday, May 24, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PA!!!
One of the things that Dad loved to celebrate was his father's birthday, May 24, 1884.  He was 82 years old when he exited on August 19, 1966.  That is quite a reach--3 generations stretching nearly 120 years.  I guess that is typical, right.  But that still impresses me.  Happy Birthday, Pa!  Hope that all is well with you and that you're enjoying a morning tumbler of Jim Beam on the rocks.  I don't have many pictures of Pa.  Dan or Charlen have many of them.  To be expected--they have the earliest memories of Ma and Pa.  I am glad that Mary got a few items of Mom's furniture.  She got that modern living room desk lamp.
 
My Dad's mother's birthday was January 19.  I don't recall her birth year.




Though it's not marked, Josephine's birth date was November 30.  I just don't know her birthday year.


It is hard to believe that whoever ordered this gravestone did not see fit to post Josephine's birthdate. I don't know how family can show such disregard.

No comments:

Post a Comment