Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Will never forget the kids and adults from the old Duarte neighborhood, kids like Sean Moore, Kevin Moore, Eriq Bergquist, Keith Larsen, Lenny and Kenny Baca, Randy Reagan, Kevin Williams from Duarte with whom I ran Cross Country, Stuart Greene who was a great friend to me after high school.  He'd invite me out to shoot pool locally.  He was very good.  He even invited me to work a few days with him on a construction site.  I didn't have the knack like he did.  He did everything with excellence from construction to shooting pool to throwing an insane curveball.  His brother, Marc, was a fierce competitor in Cross Country.  Not sure if Marc participated in any other sports.  

But I learned this morning that Cecil Tom Moore, Sean's father, died the same year as Kevin, 2011.  Tom passed in July, 2011, whereas Kevin passed in May, probably leaving his siblings, mom and dad inconsolable.  

Kevin Moore, 1957-2011.

I met Debbie at Tom's funeral, and distraught myself over what to say, flubbed some awkward condolence.  Hugs generally help but maybe not in this case.  

No comments:

Post a Comment