Saturday, December 21, 2024

Colorado Lagoon, Belmont Shores, Long Beach

Colorado Lagoon was located in Belmont Shores in Long Beach.  

On February 28, 2022, Dan wrote, 
Yes, our Dad did take us to the Colorado Lagoon.  We stopped going after someone from our family spotted what appeared to be feces floating.  And, yes, there was a platform from which people would jump or dive.  It was a popular destination as it was always crowded, as I recall.  

Sally shared with me by phone that Tom used to execute some terrific flips and stylistic dives off the high-dive.

On July 7, 2026, Chuck wrote, 
",,, Discover 'THINGS' " ... so Cryptic... Learn to be TRANSPARENT.  I remember [Dad] carrying me on his shoulders and hailing me as a MARATHON SWIMMER, after I SWAM from the North Shore to the South Shore !   .. must've been a tortuous 50 yards !


3 comments:

  1. Many fond memories of that place and the people we would visit on the way home every so often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whom did we visit? I assume you, Anonymous, is someone I know.

      Delete
  2. No, don remember that place, reminds me of a lake that we would go to, but can't remember the name.t

    ReplyDelete